We will lead you through the history and distillation methods of some of Mexico's greatest tequilas and mezcals. This AGAVE 101 class will focus on brands that are rich in history as well as what's being done to sustainably grow agave. In addition to the knowledge, you'll get to taste four agave spirits and learn how to make an agave cocktail. It will be a great way to learn an appreciation for the true spirit of Mexico.
Class fee $100 per person and includes:
- one agave welcoming cocktail
- 2 hour discussion on the history and distillation of Agave spirits and sharing of tasting notes
- techniques and practices of tasting agave spirits
- a tasting flight of 4 agave based spirits
- hands-on instruction of preparing one agave based cocktail
- 2 agave based cocktail recipes (same recipes we use as Death & Taxes)
- class notes
Cocktail kits will be available for each attendee to use during the class. Cocktail kits and spirits are available for purchase..
Classes will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Space is limited. Email us at DRINK@DEATHANDTAXESRENO.COM today to reserve your spot - please be sure to include which class date you would like attend.
*Class participants must be 21 or over. You will receive an email confirmation after registering for the course. Please eat before you arrive and plan ahead for transport, do not drink and drive. Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours before class date; thereafter registration fees are non-refundable.