Join us for a hands on tasting and discussion on America's pride and joy: Bourbon. In this two hour class, we will go through the history of Bourbon as well as learn the techniques and practices to appreciate a good Ol’ Kentucky Hug. We will also be tasting a flight of four historic bourbons and making a classic whiskey cocktail. We look forward to sharing our knowledge and love of America's Greatest Spirit with you.
Class fee $100 per person and includes:
- one bourbon welcoming cocktail
- 2 hour discussion on the history and distillation of bourbon and sharing of tasting notes
- techniques and practices of tasting bourbons
- a tasting flight of 4 bourbons
- hands-on instruction of preparing one bourbon based cocktail
- 2 bourbon based cocktail recipes (same recipes we use as Death & Taxes)
- class notes
Cocktail kits will be available for each attendee to use during the class. Cocktail kits and spirits are available for purchase.
Classes will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Space is limited. Email us at DRINK@DEATHANDTAXESRENO.COM today to reserve your spot - please be sure to include which class date you would like attend.
*Class participants must be 21 or over. You will receive an email confirmation after registering for the course. Please eat before you arrive and plan ahead for transport, do not drink and drive. Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours before class date; thereafter registration fees are non-refundable.